Video Editor Job Description
The Diplomacy Broadcast Network (DBN) is looking for a Video Editor to join our team. As a Video Editor, you will be responsible for editing videos into smaller segments, adding motion graphics, and creating content such as promo videos. Additionally, you will upload videos to social media accounts and create thumbnail graphics. This is a volunteer position and will require 4-8 hours of work per month.
DBN is looking for a passionate member from the Diplomacy community with a desire to make high quality content to create interest in the game of Diplomacy and grow the hobby. The DBN team is an entirely volunteer organization and does not have external funding. We tend to use freeware or low cost tools for as long as possible. The team primarily uses HitFilm Express for video editing and motion graphics and Gimp and Inkscape for thumbnails, infographics, and logos. However, you are welcome to use whichever tools you are comfortable with and have access to.
- A portfolio showing sample videos and thumbnail or infographic images. Please send a link to your portfolio or samples of your work to email@example.com.
- A willingness to commit to 4-8 hours of video editing work per month, and to actively participate in team discussions and content creation planning
- 1 year experience with video editing software such as Adobe Premiere or HitFilm
- 1 year experience with motion graphics software such as Adobe After Effects or HitFilm
- 1 year experience creating thumbnails, infographics, or logos with software such as Adobe Photoshop, Gimp, or Inkscape
If you feel like you’re the right person for this job, please complete the application below. Someone from the DBN team will reach out to you within 72 hours. Thanks for you interest!